Need a great fall outfit? Chances are you already have one. Take a look inside your closet. It’s time to pack up spring and summer to rediscover the fall and winter clothes buried inside.
Use these five tips to pack up summer and to get your closet ready for the coming months.
- Plan ahead. Put aside a day to sort through and pack away out of season clothes.
- Get busy sorting. Use a garment rack to hang and transfer clothes and garments. Use your bed as space for folded clothes.
- Empty your closet. Pull all of your summer clothes out of the closet to uncover your fall wardrobe. It’s best to leave out a few short sleeve shirts, just in case you like to wear them under jackets. Everything else is history and should be stored away until next season.
- Have the right tools handy. Grab a few large storage containers to store folded clothes, smaller containers for shoes, hanging garment bags for dresses and suits and herbal moth repellent to protect your stored clothing.
- Don't forget labels! Like batman and robin, pancakes and syrup and PB&J, labels and organization go hand in hand. Once everything is packed up, be sure to label them according to season or contents, i.e. shirts, shoes, sweaters and jeans, so they’re easy to find. Then, place them in a guest closet or basement so they’re not taking up frequently used storage space.
Being this organized saves you time and money! By switching out your clothes by season, you will have a better idea of what you have and what you need. Next time you’re out shopping you can purchase the basics that compliment your fall wardrobe, instead of duplicates. Happy Fall!